Back a while ago I promised you this fabulous bread recipe. I’m slow, but I eventually get around to it (usually).
What’s that you say? My microwave door is covered with fingerprints? You must be mistaken….that would never happen in MY houses…
This recipe was born out of a desire to diversify how I use my Home Store foods. I have LOTS of germade on my shelves, and my kids are ok with it for breakfast, but I wanted to find other ways to use it….
I explored recipes and twisted and tweaked and came up with this delish recipe and boy-howdy, do I love it. It makes AWESOME toast and stays nice and soft for several days. This makes 2-3 loaves (depending on the size you want them).
2 2/3 c. warm water
1/4 c. Thrive Butter (1/4 c. butter powder plus 2 T. water)
1 T. Thrive Iodized Salt
1/4 c. Thrive Whole Egg Powder plus 1/2 cup warm water, (or 4 beaten eggs)
2 c. Thrive White Flour
2 c. Thrive Whole Wheat Flour
1 c. potato flakes
1/3 c. Thrive Honey Crystals
2/3 c. Thrive Non-Fat Milk Powder
2 2/3 c. Thrive Germade
5 t. yeast
5 t. white vinegar
1. Add in order given to your mixer bowl. Combine then knead by machine for 8 minutes or by hand for 10 minutes. Resist the urge to add more flour.
2. Let rise in a greased bowl for 45 minutes or until doubled.
3. Shape into loaves and let rise in pans for 30 minutes.
4. Cook at 325ºF for 40-45 minutes.
Just a little tip for those like me who end up needing to make bread more than once a week. I like to measure all my dry ingredients into a ziplock bag and have it on hand so I can just add my wet ingredients and quickly go to town. So I’ll do 2-3 bags, in addition to what I put in my mixer bowl.
A stitch in time saves nine…..or something like that.
I know you want it….I can hear you salivating…..it smells good…in your head….doesn’t it.
Just go make some and then sit back and let them (the people in your house) run around asking what they can do for you, you domestic goddess, you.
One more yum recipe for you to use your Germade on (sorry no pics) is this great muffin recipe. The kids love it.
1 c. Thrive Germade
1/2 c. Thrive Whole Wheat Flour
2 c. Thrive White Flour
1 1/2 c. Thrive Sugar
2 T. Thrive Baking Powder
1 t. Thrive Iodized Salt
2 beaten eggs OR 2 T. Thrive Whole Egg Powder and 1/4 c. water
1/2 c. coconut oil or applesauce
1 1/2 c. milk (4 T. Thrive Non-Fat Milk Powder and 1 1/2 c. water)
1. Mix germade, wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix eggs, oil or applesauce, and milk together in a small bowl and whisk.
2. Pour wet into dry and mix gently with a spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
3. Bake in a 400ºF oven in a greased muffin pan for 12-18 minutes.