Here’s a little (amazing, fabulous, life-changing) recipe for a make ahead breakfast that you’ll love…and get this…it’s doable with your food storage ingredients. Seriously.
And my kids love it…and my husband even took some to work to eat this morning….double score.
You start with a little old fashioned oats, some greek yogurt, and some skim milk.
You add some chia seeds (good stuff people!), almond extract, honey powder, and some Thrive Freeze Dried Mangos….I think I’m going to have to go make some more for tomorrow morning…maybe we’ll do blueberry, or raspberry, or banana. The possibilities are endless, really. And you wanna hear something amazing? Guess what is in this can of freeze dried fruit (the mango ones I used)…go ahead…guess. Never-mind, you’ll never guess.
Mangoes. Just Mangoes. No preservatives, no coloring, no additives. Just Mangoes.
Anyway, give it a chill overnight and your children will think you’re so cool. Make up a bunch of different ones, or if you’re like me and it drives you nuts to hear your kids fighting over who gets what kind, make them all the same. You’re gonna love it.
*UPDATED*: Use the Thrive or dry ingredients to make this in to a shelf stable breakfast that can be prepped up to a month ahead, and stored on the pantry shelf until the night before. Then simply fill the jar with water, shake and refrigerate.
Summer Porridge with Thrive Mangoes
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats or Thrive Quick Oats
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or *NEW* Thrive Greek Yogurt Bites or other yogurt bites
- 1/3 cup skim milk or Thrive Instant Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Thrive Honey Crystals
- 1/4 cup Thrive freeze dried Mango, Raspberry, Blueberry, Strawberry, Apple, Peach (and on and on)
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a 1/2 pint mason jar or other container with a lid.
- Shake well to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Get out a spoon and enjoy the creamy yumminess right from the jar.
Experiment to your heart’s content with different fruit/extract/spice/flavoring combos. And you can thank me later.
I know you can’t tell, but this is a happy face, he-he. Really.
Have YOU ever made summer porridge? You’re gonna love it! Tell me your favorite flavor combo by leaving a comment!